Find Your Perfect Home
If you are in the market for your perfect rental home, you have come to the right place. As a prospective tenant, we can help you through the process of finding and applying for the home of your dreams. Once you are a tenant, we have a suite of tools to make your rental experience the best it can be.
Resources to Make Your Stay Comfortable
For our current tenants we have a complete set of tools and procedures to make your stay with us more comfortable and rewarding. Use our website to submit any maintenance requests, pay your rent, or just to drop us a line. We love to hear from our tenants.
Links and Resources
Can you hold a place before I apply?
Because the demand for housing is tremendous, we are not able to hold any homes. Before applying, you must preview the home.
To make viewing easy, we put self-showing lockboxes on most of our home so you can view when it’s convenient for you.
Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?
Housing Choice Voucher holders: You will be required to have a valid Move RTA. We will not wait for you to receive it. Once your application has been approved, we will send you a welcome letter to share with your caseworker. You will be required to Zelle/wire your security deposit which will hold the home until the inspection has been completed and sign our supplemental lease. When the home passes inspection, we will make arrangements to meet you at the property for a walk-thru and turn over the keys.
For Non-Section 8 applicants: Once your application has been approved, you will receive a Welcome letter and lease. You will have 48 hours to sign the lease and Zelle/wire your reservation fee equal fot one month’s rent which will hold the property until your move-in date. At move-in, we will meet you at the property for a walk-thru and turn over the keys.
How old do you have to be to apply?The law requires applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Is the deposit refundable?
Security deposits are used when you terminate the lease and move out. We expect the property to be returned in the same condition as when we turned it over to you. At move-out, we will walk through the property and conduct a move-out inspection. We will document all damage and costs will be deducted from your security deposit.
Here is a sample of what you can expect to pay in damages:
- Any cleaning (vacuum, mopping, cleaning tubs, showers, sinks, toilets, odor removal, etc)will start at $250 and goes up from there. The more we have to clean or the larger the home, the more the cost.
- Cost to clean the oven is $150, cost to clean the refrigerator is $150, cost to clean microwave is $100, cost to clean the dishwasher is $100.
- For each wall/ceiling up to 12’x12’ that must be patched and/or painted, cost is $200.
- One set of broken blinds starts at $75 and depending on the size will increase in price.
- Any disposal of personal property and trash removal, food, plants, cleaning products, furniture, trash, etc. from the premises is a minimum of $100 and will increase on the amount of personal property left. Do not leave ANY personal property.
- Broken appliance parts, such as racks, drawers, shelves, etc. are expensive and must be ordered. Charges will vary.
- If the lawn is not mowed and bushes trimmed, you will be charged $100 minimum. Charges will increase for lawn cleanup.
- Furnace filters not changed will cost $50 per filter.
- Missing smoke/carbon monoxide detectors will cost $75 to replace.
- Light bulb replacement will cost $20 per bulb. Specialty bulbs will be more.
- Carpet cleaning will be $75 per room.
Who needs a cosigner?If you do not have verifiable income or have a low or no credit score, you may want to ask some to co-sign for you. Generally, this is used by students but it is not limited to them.
You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?
First, we ask that you visit the property. Seeing a property in person is not the same as seeing them in photos. There may be aspects that cannot be captured in a photo such as the layout or height of a counter that might be a show-stopper once you see it. If you apply without seeing the property and your application is accepted, we will not hold it for you to visit and we will not refund any reservation fees if you view it at move-in or at a later date.
To apply, if you have a Housing Choice Voucher and the rental accepts them, click here to view the Tenancy Requirements.
How do I pay rent?Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is paid through our portal. You can access the portal from this website at the upper right corner or click on this link.
I want to get a pet. What do I do?
No pets are permitted in Housing Choice Voucher homes.
For all other homes, you must contact us. Some owners do not permit pets and if pets are permitted, they must be 25lbs or less and meet our pet requirements. You can find the requirements at our Pet Policy page.
I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?Contact us. We will discuss and evaluate your options.
My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?Leases may be terminated at your anniversary date only and requires 60 days written notice. Check your lease for details or contact us.
Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?We cover the cost of most repairs. However, if you broke it, you will be responsible for the cost of repairs.