IMPORTANT! Before completing an application, read and understand the following Tenancy Requirements. We have the right to change these policies at any time without notice.
- You must complete and application before you will be accepted.
- Make sure you upload copies of your id and income documents (if you have a portion to pay).
- Security deposit is one month’s rent and is always required.
- No pets and no smoking allowed in any of our homes.
- You must have a valid RTA. We will not wait for you to obtain it.
- Voucher must match the number of bedrooms of the home you are applying for.
- Only the people listed on the voucher may live in the home.
- We will arrange for an interview once the application has been processed.
- No pets are permitted.
- Make sure your mailing address is correct in order to receive your written approval or denial letter.
We use an outside agency, Acutraq, to process our applications. We process applications on a “first-come” basis. In other words, if there is an application before yours for the same property, your application will be placed on hold. If that applicant is offered and accepts tenancy, your application will be archived, your fee will be returned (allow up to 14 days) - you will not be notified. If your application is processed and you are denied, you will not get a refund of your application fee. The approval process generally takes about 7 business days.
Incomplete applications will be removed, and you will be required to start over.
Property Condition – You must tour the property prior to submitting an application. Landlord makes no express or implied warranties as to the property’s condition and is being offered as-is. Home will be inspected by the Housing Authority prior to your move-in. We have all homes professionally cleaned – please remember that everyone has a different idea of clean!
Property Situation – It is your responsibility to verify school districts, enrollments, and designation boundaries. You are also responsible for investigating crime statistics or the presence of sex offenders in the area before submitting an application.
Application fee is $35 per adult.
Please make certain you have answered all questions in the application and upload all the required documents. If the uploaded documentation is incomplete or we are not able to verify information from your application, your application will be declined or skipped. You will have to re-apply in order to be considered – no exceptions will be made.
Lease Terms – Applications will be processed for a 12-month lease as per the Housing Authority.
Tenancy Requirements – Approval is based on credit history, criminal background check, landlord recommendation, employment verification and an in-person interview at your current home.
Documents Required – Each applicant must upload a copy of a legible Government-issued photo ID (and must be in the U.S. legally) and proof of income no older than 30 days.
Employment Verification – You must earn 2 times your portion of rent each month in verifiable income.
Credit – Your credit score must be at least 550. You may be denied if you have any bankruptcies less than 7 years old, consumer credit collections (non-medical or non-educational), non-paid charge-offs, or more than five 90+ late payments in your credit history.
Rental History – We will contact your previous Landlord. You must include all your past rental history; it will be reviewed for positive, verifiable history and your landlords will be asked about late payments, bounced checks, warrants, complaints, and condition of the property when you left. We also verify that proper notice has been given and that you did not leave with a balance due or collection account. Evictions will be automatic grounds for denial..
Background Check – We do not accept applicants with felony convictions involving violent crimes, prostitution, domestic violence, weapons possession, sex offenses or illegal substances and are all grounds for denial of residency.
- Once your application has been processed and accepted, we will contact you to provide us with your valid RTA. We will complete and submit it to the Housing Authority. If you do not have a valid and active RTA, we will move on to the next applicant.
- An initial inspection will be scheduled. We will meet the Inspector to ensure the home meets the Housing Authority requirements. Any issues will be addressed and re-inspected immediately, if needed.
- After the inspection has passed, we will receive a copy of the approved RTA and an effective lease start date. You will be required to submit your reservation fee which will be applied to your security deposit or your portion of rent at move-in. We will not conduct your move-in unless paid.
- At move-in, you will perform a walk-through to document the condition of the home. We expect you to maintain this home in the same or better condition.